There are times when you are experiencing an issue that will require a technician to be able to visually see your computer screen and manipulate your computer remotely. There are several ways a technician can connect to your computer to assist you; however some of these ways require your assistance!
Note: as of August 2019 Access IT has added a Quick Assist Shortcut on all Access computer desktops. The shortcut looks like this:
Here is the guide for connecting via Quick Assist:
To access Quick Assist follow these steps:
1. Click on the Start Button in the bottom left of your screen to open the Start Menu
2. While the Start Menu is open type the word "quick"
3. Windows will now search for programs that start with the word quick and should pop up with Quick Assist.
4. Open Quick Assist and click on "Get Assistance"
5. It will now prompt you for a Security code, This code will be provided by the technician assisting you.
6. Once you have entered the security code Quick Assist will begin connecting to the technician
7.As an added security measure quick assist will ask you if you want to allow the technician access to your computer. Please click "Allow" to continue.
(Note: Quick Assist should give you the name of the technician who is connecting to your computer. It is always good to confirm that the name you are allowing on the computer matches the name of the technician you are on the phone with!)
8. Once that is done Quick Assist will finish establishing the connection and the technician should now be able to assist you!